Turkish Delight | The Chronicles of Narnia; The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
Author: Bryt @ InLiterature.net
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rosewater
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- rose pink food coloring
- powdered sugar
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the gelatine, white sugar and water until mixed together.
- Bring to a low boil and allow it to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the rosewater, lemon juice, lemon rind and food colouring.
- Rinse a square pan in cold water but don't dry it off.
- Pour in the mixture.
- To firm up quickly, pop in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, otherwise leave in the fridge overnight.
- Using a sharp oiled knife, cut the turkish delight into squares and roll in powdered sugar to coat.
The thought of Turkish Delight always sounded wonderful to me, but when I was finally tempted to buy some from the store, it really didn’t do much for me. It was suggested (like most things) that homemade tasted better, so I decided it was worth a try!